This weekend, Jodie continues the mini-series called ‘The gospel at GAFCON’, with the next talk titled ‘The gospel is under attack’ from Acts chapter 20 verses 17 to 35.
At our 5pm Saturday service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- How did the locals in Jerusalem react to GAFCON, and in particular to all the delegates gathering on the steps of the temple?
- Why isn’t GAFCON interdenominational?
- Does it really matter if you belong to an Anglican church rather than another?
- Will you be attending GAFCON again in five year’s time?
- Why were all the Apostles male, since half the population is female?
- If people remarry after they have wrongly divorced, are they living in sin?
- Who resurrected Jesus?
- Why isn’t ‘he’ capitalised in John 1:8-9 when it refers to God?
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Morning Prayer Sunday service.
At both our services this weekend, we will have a special report from the McNeills from their time catching up with our CMS link missionary, Jo during their visit to Israel.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards. Our youth group ‘Alive’ is taking a break for the holidays. Or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 5pm this Saturday or 8am this Sunday, God willing!