This weekend we continue our series on ‘Romans: The Heart of Truth’, with Jodie speaking on the topic ‘The spirit of adoption’ from Romans chapter 8 verses 14 to 17.
It’s the right time for us to recognise many of the needs of our missionaries, so at both our services, we will have a special update about Anglicare which is our Mission of the Month.
During our 5pm Saturday service we will have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Knowing that there will not be marriage in the new heaven, will there be marriage in the new earth?
- If life is found on Mars, do you think it will impact the credibility of the Biblical teaching on creation?
- What happened to the other Homo sapiens who once lived on our planet, and did they have souls?
- Do people who die of natural causes know when they are about to die?
- How do we put to death the misdeeds of the body?
- Since our human bodies are subject to death because of sin, why don’t Christians become immortal once they have been forgiven for their sin?
- Was there a biological change in humanity after the fall?
- Given that by our sinful natures we cannot be sinless, at what point is sin counted as ‘living’ according to the flesh?
- Why is the sin of sex before marriage given so much emphasis in Christianity?
- Would it ever be appropriate to have a speaker of the Jewish faith at our Men’s and Ladies’ dinners?
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Morning Prayer AAPB service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards. Our youth group ‘Alive’ runs straight after dinner on Saturday night. Or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 5pm this Saturday or 8am this Sunday, God willing!