This weekend we continue our series on ‘Romans: The Heart of Truth’, with Jodie speaking on the topic ‘The best motivation for love’ from Romans chapter 13 verses 8 to 14.
We will share the Lord’s Supper at 5pm Saturday, so be sure to join us for this important reminder of the death of Jesus. We will also have our popular weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Do the things in Hebrews 13:15-16 cover all of the sacrifices that please the Lord?
- Why is the British Queen called the Head of the Church, when there is a separation of church & state?
- Is it OK to rebel against the government if they order you to sin against God?
- To what extent should Christians engage with the government?
- How strictly do we need to submit to the authorities?
- What are some present-day examples of godly disobedience?
- Should a Christian participate in a workplace strike?
- What does it look like to show genuine respect to authorities we don’t personally relate to?
- When 1 Peter 5 says “submit yourselves to your elders” then does this mean parishioners should obey the minister?
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Holy Communion First Order AAPB service.
This Sunday marks the 100th anniversary of the Armistice, so we will have a special prayer for Remembrance Day during our services.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards. Our youth group ‘Alive’ is taking a break for the holidays but returns next week. Or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.