This weekend we kick off our all-new, eighteen-week series on the book of Acts titled ‘Launching the Church’. It’s going to be a thrill to walk alongside the people who experienced the power of the Holy Spirit as the church experienced explosive growth in the weeks, months and years after Jesus’ death.
This is a perfect week to join us as we kick off this new series with Jesus’ words before he left the earth. That’s why this week’s talk is called ‘Prepare to Launch!’, as we look at Acts chapter one.
As we return to normal programming, we’re also going to have our popular question and answer segment, where I get the opportunity to answer your tough questions about what the Bible teaches about us and God.
These are the questions I’ll be tackling this weekend:
- If God doesn’t forgive blasphemy then what hope do we have if we’ve ever committed this sin?
- Why do we follow some Bible commands but not others? For example, why don’t our men pray with hands lifted up, and our women avoid wearing expensive jewellery?
- Does a child still need to honour abusive parents?
- Since wives have been abused by their husbands, shouldn’t we stop teaching submission?
- Why didn’t Jesus write down his teachings and prayers rather than have it recorded by his apostles?
So, we’d really love you to join us at either 5pm Saturday for our all-age church (with creche, kids’ program, then dinner, then youth group), or 9am Sunday for our classic Anglican service (followed by tasty espresso and treats).
Grace and peace, Jodie.