This week is our last sermon from our series on Acts, ‘Launching the Church’ as we look at Paul’s surprising journey into Rome at last, and the beginning of the end of his ministry in the new era of the church.
Each week during the school terms we have a question and answer segment in our services. To ask a question, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via your response slip at church. Here are the questions we’re answering this week:
1. Why did Paul go to the temple in Acts 21:26, given that he is under the New Covenant?
2. How can we prepare ourselves for the second coming of Christ?
3. Does it hurt God when we deliberately hurt ourselves?
4. If God answered our prayer for no fires in the Illawarra, does that mean He didn’t answer the prayers in fire affected areas?
5. Is it a sin to use plastic because it is wrecking God’s environment?
6. How do we get the balance right between busyness and rest?
7. Is it bad to miss a day of church occasionally to attend a party?
Come along on Saturday night at 5pm for our family service. We have a kids program for the children, followed by dinner and a youth group for the teens after the service. Or why not try our Sunday morning service at 9am for a more classic Anglican style, and we can share morning tea and hot espresso afterwards.
Grace and peace,