Jamberoo Anglican Church is not “Saint Somebody’s”; it is known as The Church of the Resurrection.
We are an evangelical church with a long history of proclaiming the gospel of the Risen Lord Jesus.
As members of the Anglican Church of Australia, Diocese of Sydney, we subscribe to the thirty-Nine Articles of the Anglican Church and the Book of Common Prayer as the guide for orderly gatherings and a practical distillation of doctrine as revealed in Holy Scripture.
Scripture is, however, the final arbiter of our doctrine.
These are the beliefs of the ministry of this church:
• We believe that salvation is through faith alone and cannot be added to, supplemented by or replaced with good works.
• We acknowledge Jesus Christ as the only Saviour and Lord.
• We believe he is revealed in the Scriptures and that all Scripture points to him.
• We believe that all Scripture is God-breathed and all of Scripture is therefore God’s Word to us, a word for all times, a word that is binding on the hearts of humankind.
• We believe that God is one God in three persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
• We believe that the Father is the creator of heaven and earth.
• We believe that the Son, Jesus Christ, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
• We believe in Christ crucified, dead, buried, raised and ascended.
• We believe that the risen Christ now rules at the right hand of the Father.
• We believe in the visible and bodily return of Jesus Christ at the end of the age to judge the living and the dead.
• We believe in the physical and bodily resurrection of believers.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life.
• We believe the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son to do their will in this world.
• We believe in the church, the gathering of God’s people in heaven and reflected locally in the regular gathering of God’s people on earth.