This weekend welcome our guest speaker George Statheos. At our 5pm Saturday service, George will be speaking on the topic “Gospel to the world” from Acts chapter 17 verses 16 to 34. At our 8am Sunday service, George will be speaking on the topic “Fishers of people” from Luke chapter 5 verses 1 to 11.
In honour of George’s visit, we will be having a Greek dinner after our 5pm Saturday service. Please join us for a wonderful time of fellowship and great food.
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Morning Prayer Sunday service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and our Senior Minister Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Could it be possible that the guards at Jesus’ tomb were from the Temple, not from the Roman Guard, and if so, how might this change the outcome of their failure to secure the tomb?
- Wouldn’t the guards have deserved to die, since they lied about the resurrection?
- Why did Satan appear as a snake instead of another animal?
- Is the enmity between the snake and the woman in Genesis 3:14 symbolic of Satan’s demoted status?
- Why is the snake kingdom cursed when it was Satan who chose to appear as a snake?
- Should Nathan have prayed to God before answering David so that he was sure of what God wanted?
- Since Joseph was not Jesus’ biological father, how does that make Jesus a descendant of David?
- How could Jesus speak of all Scriptures concerning himself when he began his Emmaus sermon with Moses?
- Is ‘Ben Hur’ based on a true story?
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.