Coming up this weekend 11th – 12th February 2017
What does the bible say about marriage? And why is it that Christians are at loggerheads with a large number of the population about the definition of marriage? If history was different, this weekend a plebiscite would have been held to decide about the redefinition of marriage as a nation.
To recognise the significance of this decision and the significance of what is facing our nation today, Jodie will be speaking on the topic ‘Who becomes one: God’s Word on marriage’ this weekend.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- When were the individual Psalms organised into five books, and why does that make any difference to how we interpret them?
- Since Psalm 90 also includes the question, “How Long?”, does this weaken the idea that Books 4 and 5 answer this question?
- Since God loves justice, how can the cross of Christ be the ultimate act of injustice?
- Is it appropriate to make criticisms about Trump from the pulpit?
- Where is Jamberoo Anglican headed in 2017?
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Holy Communion First Order AAPB service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.