This weekend we continue our series on 2 Samuel. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, Keeping promises”, from 2 Samuel chapter 7 verses 1 to 29.
During our 5pm Saturday service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Why was God angry with Uzzah touching the Ark?
- Would David have died if he touched the Ark, and if so, wouldn’t that mean that God was killing his Messiah?
- Does the Ark still exist today, and if so, where is it located?
- Did David leave the Ark with Obed Edom as a ‘wait and see what happens’ exercise?
- Since the Ten Commandments tell us not to murder, then why was it OK for King David to kill his enemies?
- When we pray, is there a difference in ‘declaring’ or ‘decreeing?’
- Are we in the ‘end times’?
At our 5pm Saturday service we will have an opportunity to meet one of our church members, which is always a great encouragement to us all.
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Holy Communion Second Order AAPB service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.