This weekend we continue our series on 2 Samuel. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “Just, right”, from 2 Samuel chapter 8 verses 1 to 18.
During our 5pm Saturday service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- In Psalm 6, was David right to tell God what to do?
- Was Solomon anointed as king?
- Why did God say he didn’t need a temple, and yet Solomon ended up building him one?
- When it comes to the return of Jesus, what is the difference between shock and surprise?
- Since Jesus is God, why doesn’t he know when he will return?
- When we have natural disasters like floods, should we interpret them to be punishment from God like in the time of Noah?
- What would you say to someone who thinks that killing in war is wrong for a Christian?
- What will be your response if the Government changes the marriage law and then demands ministers conduct same-sex marriage ceremonies?
We will also share the Lord’s Supper at 5pm Saturday, so come along and be reminded again of the great service of Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Morning Prayer AAPB service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.