This weekend we begin the next part of our series on ‘Romans: The Heart of Truth’, with Jodie speaking on the topic ‘The Spirit of life’ from Romans chapter 8 verses 1 to 13.
At our 5pm Saturday service we will have an opportunity to meet one of our church members, which is always a great encouragement to us all.
We will also have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Why in Exodus does the Bible use the name ‘Pharoah’ instead of ‘King Tut’ or something like that?
- What does it mean to “redeem your firstborn son”?
- If today we don’t hear God’s audible voice, then can we hear the Holy Spirit speaking?
- Given we’ll be given a new body when we die, why does it matter if we enter heaven with no hands or feet?
- Are all sins equal?
- Does God forgive us if we continue committing the same sin after we have repented?
- Does Mathew 18:18 contradict what Jesus said about no marriage in heaven, since marriage is a bond between two people?
- How should we encourage a friend to return to church if they haven’t been for a while?
Our 8am Sunday service will be the Lord’s Supper Sunday Service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards. Our youth group ‘Alive’ runs straight after dinner on Saturday night. Or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 5pm this Saturday or 8am this Sunday, God willing!