This weekend we continue our series on ‘Romans: The Heart of Truth’, with Jodie speaking on the topic ‘What to do with the weak’ from Romans chapter 15 verses 1 to 13.
During our services this weekend, Jodie will spend time giving the official apology to survivors of abuse from our Archbishop Glenn Davies, and spend time in prayer for those who have suffered abuse and for their families.
At our Saturday 5pm service we will have our popular weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Will God forgive a Christian soldier who kills in offence not defence?
- Who wrote the book of Ezra?
- How did Adam die?
- Was Moses rebuked by God when he smashed the Ten Commandments?
- When trying to avoid causing the weak to stumble, must we always avoid the offensive thing, or only in their presence?
- If your conscience thinks that nothing is right, then does that mean that you can’t avoid sinning?
- Should prawns be considered unclean since they crawl and eat on the ocean ground?
- Is the Roman Catholic view of transubstantiation an example of a disputable matter amongst Christians?
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Holy Communion Second Order AAPB service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards. Our youth group ‘Alive’ runs straight after dinner on Saturday night. Or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 5pm this Saturday or 8am this Sunday, God willing!