We had a cracker of a time last weekend as we gathered together to encourage each other as we look forward to Jesus’ return, real soon. That was the main message of the Bible talk, and this weekend we’re considering just how it is that God is gathering more and more people into his church. In other words, it’s the topic of ‘evangelism’.
If you’re a person who already knows Jesus but is looking for a church to visit or join, then come along this weekend at 5pm on Saturday (with dinner and programs for kids and youth), or 9am on Sunday (with Lord’s Supper, espresso coffee and a more ‘classic’ Anglican styled church).
If you’re not yet a follower of Jesus, then you should definitely drop in this weekend. We’d love you to tyre-kick church and check out what makes Christians tick. Come along, feel at home, ask lots of questions, and join our family. It’s really special.
Part of church each week is our Q&A segment, where I answer the tough questions you asked me via the response slip at church or via SMS. Here are the questions lined up for this weekend:
- Why does Genesis 1 say that God created male and females from dust, and then in the next chapter say he created the man and then later made the woman from his rib?
- Why do we sing hymns when we could instead read them from the Bible in a more powerful way?
- Why shouldn’t we just end our lives and go to heaven to be with God right now?
- Since we no longer possess the actual timber cross upon which Jesus died, then do we still have any altar?
- Did you and Mandy visit the place in Jerusalem where Jesus died on the cross?
- Is there technology in heaven?
So, come along and come alive! See you Saturday or Sunday!