This weekend we kick off our brand-new series in the Old Testament book of 2 Samuel. Come join us and discover the life of King David, the man after God’s own heart.
The series is called ‘Kingdom Coming’, and in the first talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “The King is dead: long live the King”, from 2 Samuel chapter 1 verses 1 to 27.
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Holy Communion Second Order AAPB service.
We will also hear from Jemimah McNeill, our Year 13 student who recently spent a month in Fiji on mission as part of her Year 13 course.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- How do you actually start a conversation where you wish to confess your sins to someone you trust?
- Does the failure of David and the other kings of Israel show us that our need can only be met by God, not humans?
- Is the Lord’s Supper a memorial or does it hold some additional significance?
- Why would some of Christ’s disciples appear to be opposed to the Lord’s Supper in John 6:44-60?
- Should we play games such as Monopoly that encourage greedy behaviour towards making money?
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.