This weekend we continue our brand-new series on the Old Testament book of 2 Samuel with the series titled ‘Kingdom Coming’. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “The failure of politics”, from 2 Samuel chapter 2 verses 1 to verse 32.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- How should we respond to the recent media discussion of domestic violence in the church, especially claims that it occurs due to the misuse of Scripture?
- Could David be called ‘David Christ?’
- Does the Bible say how Jonathan died?
- Was David right to kill the Amalekite man since only that right belongs to God? If so, should Christians today strike down those who oppose God?
- Are the mountains of Gilboa still in drought after David’s curse?
- Why is there a difference in translation of 2 Samuel 1:19 between the older and the newer NIV Bibles?
- What does it mean by a ‘lament of the bow’ in 2 Samuel 1:18?
- Who are we meant to love: God or Jesus?
We will also hear a special update on the ministry of Moore College and spend time on prayer for the College and its students.
Our 8am Sunday service will be the Lord’s Supper Sunday Service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.