This weekend we continue our brand-new series on the Old Testament book of 2 Samuel with the series titled ‘Kingdom Coming’. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “Payback time”, from 2 Samuel chapter 3 verses 1 to verse 39.
We will also share the Lord’s Supper at 5pm Saturday, so be sure to join us for this important reminder of the death of Jesus.
During our 5pm service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- How did God talk to David?
- Why were the sons of Zeruiah referred to by their mother’s name, not their father’s?
- Why did Ish-Bosheth, son of Saul, only remain as king for two years?
- Should Christians preach God’s word when a country says it is illegal to do so?
- How were the books of the Bible decided on and how would a new book be added?
- How do you respond when someone asks you a question about the Bible that you can’t answer?
- Are women allowed to lead church services?
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Morning Prayer AAPB service. We will also hear a special update on the ministry of Moore College and spend time on prayer for the College and its students at 8am Sunday.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.
If you can’t make it in person, you’re welcome to jump online to watch the service (with the same sermon and many other items) at www.oakflats.tv.