This weekend, we continue our series on the Old Testament book of 2 Samuel with the series titled ‘Kingdom Coming’. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “Dependence on God, from 2 Samuel chapter 4 verse 1 to chapter 5 verse 25.
At our 5pm Saturday service, we will be hearing a special update from Youthworks about SRE, Special Religious Education.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- If the Bible came to us through an ongoing process in the church, then doesn’t this undermine ‘Sola Scriptura’?
- Why did the book ‘Q’ get omitted from the Bible, when other documents like genealogies and the Song of Songs were included?
Doesn’t the official Anglican teaching of the 39 Articles, and general Christian thinking, say that there can be no more additions to the Bible at all?
How would you answer someone who said that God spoke to them in a dream about a matter?
- Wouldn’t Abner’s reaction to the allegation that he slept with Saul’s concubine suggest he might have been innocent?
- Is Abner like Paul from the New Testament?
- Why did people in the Old Testament tear their clothes when mourning?
- Is it possible to still curse people today?
- Why does it appear that we give more support to Scripture teaching in Kiama High than to the local Anglican College?
Our 8am Sunday service will be a Holy Communion First Order AAPB service.
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to visit us on Saturday at 5pm for a contemporary service with kids’ program and dinner afterwards, or come along on Sunday at 8am for a Prayer Book service.