1. A WARNING (verses 1 to 4)
2. A NEW ADMINISTRATION (verses 5 to 9)
3. SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD (verses 10 to 13)
4. THE ONLY WAY (verses 14 to 18)
Download a copy of this as a PDF from here: You Need to Hear This – Hebrews 2:1-18 – Trevor Lucas – 12th & 13th January 2019.
1. GAIUS WHO HELPED GOD’S WORD (verses 1 to 8)
2. DIOTREPHES WHO HINDERED GOD’S WORK (verses 9 to 10)
3. DEMETRIUS WELL SPOKEN OF (verses 12 to 14)
Download a copy of this as a PDF from here: Three Christians – 3 John – Graham Errington – 5th & 6th January 2019.
The Difference the Trinity Makes
13-14th October 2018 • Mark Howard
1. CREED OF ATHANASIUS
And the Catholick Faith (ie universal faith) is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son: and another of the Holy Ghost.
But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one: the Glory equal, the Majesty co-eternal.
the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God.
And yet they are not three Gods: but one God.
The Father is made of none: neither created, nor begotten.
The Son is of the Father alone: not made, nor created, but begotten.
The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son: neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding
we believe and confess: that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man
Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead: and inferior to the Father, as touching his Manhood.
Who although he be God and Man, yet he is not two, but one Christ;
One; not by conversion of the Godhead into the flesh: but by taking the Manhood into God.
In summary we can say:
- The Father, Son and Spirit are not three Gods, but one God.
- This one God eternally exists as three distinct persons.
- The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten.
- The Son is of the Father alone, not made, nor created, but begotten.
- The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son, neither made, nor begotten but proceeding.
2. BODGIE ANALOGIES
3. JOHN’S GOSPEL
A. Six summary points from John’s Gospel:
- The work of God in salvation reveals the trinity
- We see that God is trinity from how he saves us from our sins, and we also see there are three distinct persons of the Godhead, each of whom is essential for our salvation
- There is salvation only because God is trinity. If God is not triune, then there is no salvation
- God in trinity has acted and is acting to bring people eternal salvation from judgement
- God the Son needed to become flesh and to die on a cross for our salvation
- To have eternal life, we need to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (John 3:16 & John 20:31)
- God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, has incorporated us into the loving work of loving each and bearing fruit – of bringing others to salvation.
B. Jesus is the Son of God, fully God and fully man
C. What does the Father do for our Salvation?
D. What is the Spirit doing?
CONCLUSION: THE TRINITY MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE
Download a copy of the PDF here Mark Howard Outline 13-14 Oct 2018